The last time I did a donations update was April 1st. Back then I had $3,130…now I have $5,140. That is over $2,000 in 20 days! It has been a whirlwind of a time and I have been very busy fundraising not to mention training, trying to find a job, and making sure I can graduate. I am down two weeks of class, one week of finals, and one senior week until graduation. Then it’s only two more weeks until we set our for Seattle. I cannot believe it is going so quickly…
Some fundraising updates:
- Thank you to the many professors and administrators at Gettysburg College who continue to amaze me with their generosity!
- Thank you to all my friends who have contributed despite being on tight college budgets. You are the best.
- It absolutely tickles me heart to hear my high school teachers and counselors say they are proud of me. Thank you so much for your support, then and now 🙂
- Employees of PVH – you are wonderful. I cannot thank you enough for all your donations. And of course Aunt Bena – your skills never cease to amaze me!
- Employees of Interstate Container – your continued encouragement and financial support are much appreciated. And Mom, you should come to Gettysburg College – Because you DO GREAT WORK!
I also really want to give a shout out to the Blue & Gray Bar & Grill in Gettysburg. The owner Keith was fantastic to work with and I not only raised $460 in three hours, but also had a ton of fun. I even had a little photo shoot with some people who needed to take a photo with me as part of a scavenger hunt! But the best part was I made them bribe me to not take a photo with another group. That is, until they were outbid!
If you are ever in Gettysburg and looking for a fun place to have great food and good drinks for a modest price, this is the place for you! Check them out on Facebook and definitely think about going for the Tuesday night special… $5 Shock Top pitchers are my favorite 🙂