It’s April 1st and the fundraising is coming along! I am currently at $3,130 and counting. My minimum of $4,500 is just around the corner! Recent updates:
- Thank you very much to Interstate Container of Reading, Pa for their generous donation.
- Thank you to Marie Trexler, consultant for Thirty-One, for her donation of proceeds from the sale of Thirty-One products.
- Thank you to all the companies that provided me with gift cards or other certificates to use as raffle items.
- Thanks to everyone who has supported me thus far!
- I was featured in the Evening Sun, a local newspaper out of Hanover, Pa.
- I will soon be featured in the Gettysburgian, my school’s newspaper.
Look forward to a special event at the Blue & Gray Bar & Grill in Gettysburg, Pa. On Saturday, April 13th from 8pm – 11pm 10% of all proceeds will be donated to my fundraising effort. So everyone come out, drink, eat, have a good time, and support young adults with cancer!
Oh, and just for fun: I have finally begun training with my bike. Riding a road bike is very different from a mountain or BMX bike, and it has taken a little time to get use to the differences: more touchy handling, faster speeds, rougher ride, pedal clips, etc. So yeah, that time you are coming to a light and remember the clips a little to late…