I recently learned I will be the Service Coordinator for my 4K ride! I will be working with the 4K staff and my fellow riders to plan and facilitate community service projects throughout the trip. I asked a few people what riders have done in the past, and there seem to be a number of recurring events such as:
- Cooking dinners at Hope Lodges (supportive places run by the American Cancer Society where Cancer patients often stay during long treatments/recovery)
- Helping local support organizations with various tasks
- Participating in a blood drive as a group
- Making cards for cancer patients
- Visiting Camp Mak-A-Dream
- Charity car washes
There is a new addition to service starting this year, but I have not yet been told what it will be. I am really excited to be in this position because I love service and I think it will be extremely fulfilling to plan and execute team events. I won’t lie though, it is a little scary. Especially because I know I need to plan things this semester while I also train, fund raise, and try to graduate!
As always, remember to donate!